CIGRE membership is open to all individuals, companies and organisations wishing to join our professional network.
For individual members
For all, engineers, specialists, academics or researchers CIGRE provides a unique opportunity for personal and professional development:
- Develop and share your technical expertise;
- Access international expertise and leading-edge techniques;
- Up to date information on the latest technology and industrial techniques;
- Tap into industry trends;
- Meet your peers;
- Understand international approaches to the environment, legislation and regulation.
With CIGRE membership, you will build your industry profile, better promote your company, and develop your professional network.
For collective members
Collective members consist of legal entities, administrations, public or private companies of industrial and/or commercial character, scientific organisations, research institutes, educational bodies, etc.,
CIGRE fosters professional and technical development in many ways:
- Learn about global issues and perspectives;
- Be part of a unique network;
- Understand different cultures and knowhows;
- Access a wide range of technical information at a reduced price.
CIGRE contributes to the personal and intellectual development of all its members. With CIGRE membership your company will benefit from a higher international profile and visibility within the electrical power industry.
Worldwide CIGRE membership is more than:
- 1137 Collective Members
- 6360 Individual Members (out of which 827 young members)
Let's hear what people from different horizons have to say about CIGRE.
Find out how you can benefit from CIGRE.
There are different ways to join CIGRE depending on your status and location
By joining CIGRE, you will become part of a global network of experts and build lasting partnerships with electrical industry organisations connected to our Association.
« CIGRE provides an excellent platform for experts and scholars worldwide to share and learn about emerging technologies like Ultra High Voltage transmission and Smart Grid. Thanks to CIGRE, a broad range of experts are coming together to jointly define the future of electrotechnical researches. »
Yinbiao Shu (China), Executive Vice President, State Grid corporation of China
« CIGRE offers a unique opportunity for both junior and senior professionals in my company to access the technical information they need to bring innovative solutions to our national business. »
Dominique Maillard (France), President RTE