CIGRE grants 6 kinds of distinctions in recognition of the services rendered by members
CIGRE grants 6 kinds of distinctions in recognition of the services rendered by members:
|CIGRE Medal||Honorary Member||Distinguished member|
|New CIGRE Fellow||Technical Council||New Thesis Award|
- Every Session year, the "CIGRE Medal" is granted to maximum two members of CIGRE, in recognition of an oustanding contribution to the development of CIGRE (either administrative or technical achievement).
- The new "CIGRE Fellow" award is attributed for active participation in the activities of the technical work of the study committees and for providing a lead technical role in the study committees (maximum five awards every two years).
- Also in Session years, the "Honorary Member" awards are granted to maximum ten members who have proven participation in CIGRE technical activities in a leadership role of CIGRE, and for members whose service of CIGRE has been judged exceptional.
- The "Technical Council" award, granted by the Chairman of the Technical Council, is accorded every two years for active participation in Study Committees (maximum sixteen awards).
- Every two years, longstanding services to CIGRE are rewarded by a "Distinguished Member" award, upon proposal from their National Committees.
- The new Thesis Award is accorded in recognition for a paper written by a student based on their research or PhD or M.sc thesis (frequency: open)
The award winners will be published in ELECTRA and announced on the website.