- Cigre Medal
- New Cigre Fellow
- Honorary Member
- Technical Committee
- Distinguished member
- New Thesis Award
CIGRE grants 6 kinds of distinctions in recognition of the services rendered by members:
- Every Session year, the "CIGRE Medal" is granted to maximum two members of CIGRE, in recognition of an oustanding contribution to the development of CIGRE (either administrative or technical achievement).
- The new "CIGRE Fellow" award is attributed for active participation in the activities of the technical work of the study committees and for providing a lead technical role in the study committees (maximum five awards every two years).
- Also in Session years, the "Honorary Member" awards are granted to maximum ten members who have proven participation in Cigre technical activities in a leadership role of CIGRE, and for members whose service of CIGRE has been judged exceptional.
- The "Technical Committee" award, granted by the Chairman of the Technical Committee, is accorded every two years for active participation in Study Committees (maximum sixteen awards).
- Every two years, longstanding services to CIGRE are rewarded by a "Distinguished Member" award, upon proposal from their National Committees.
- The new Thesis Award is accorded in recognition for a paper written by a student based on their research or PhD or M.sc thesis (frequency: open)
The award winners will be published in ELECTRA and announced on the website.