- Technical Committee Awards
- CIGRE Medal
- Honorary Membership
- Distinguished Membership
CIGRE grants 4 kinds of distinctions in recognition of the services rendered by members:
- Every Session Year, starting from 2008, the "CIGRE Medal" is granted to one (two at the most) member of CIGRE, in recognition of an oustanding contribution to the development of CIGRE (see below)
- Also in Session years, "Honorary Membership" is granted to members who have served as high level officers of CIGRE: Study Committee Chairmen, Executive Committee members, and for members whose service of CIGRE has been judged exceptional.
- Special contributions to the technical work of CIGRE are recognized each year by "Technical Committee Awards", granted by the Chairman of the Technical Committee.
- In the same year, longstanding services of CIGRE are rewarded by a "Distinguished Membership", upon proposal of their National Committees.
Nominations of the year are published in ELECTRA. Lists of all Award winners as they stand can be read below.