D1 - Materials and emerging test techniques
To facilitate and promote the progress of engineering and the international exchange of in- formation and knowledge in the field of materials and emerging test techniques. To add value to this information and knowledge by means of synthesizing state-of-the-art practices and developing recommendations.
The activities of SC D1 concern the evaluation and monitoring of:
- Fundamental aspects of new and existing materials for electro-technology (conducting and insulating materials for electrical use)
- Multi-component insulating arrangements with one or more electrical insulating materials used in conjunction with associated conducting parts
- Diagnostic techniques and related knowledge rules
- Emerging test techniques.
Provision of timely information on new developments and trends in the field of materials and emerging test techniques to other Study Committees and support for their analysis of the introduction and application of these materials and techniques.
Join CIGRE for power system expertise
- Collaborate with experts from across the whole power system
- Access perspectives and peers from every corner of the globe.
- Unlimited free access to e-cigre.org
- Free access to ELECTRA
Be prepared for the future! More >
Solve all power system challenges in one unique place
To find the solutions you need in one unique place, join CIGRE. As the preeminent global technical organisation, CIGRE is uniquely positioned to offer the full spectrum of low through high voltage perspectives, industry colleagues and end to end knowledge.