A range of highly valuable materials
are created each year by the events of CIGRE’s
global knowledge programme
These include :
- Paris Session papers and proceedings
- Papers produced by CIGRE Technical Working Groups
- Symposia papers and proceedings
- Colloquia papers
Paris Session papers and proceedings
The main outputs of the Paris Session are papers and proceedings, which encompass:
- The papers themselves
- Posters – visual summaries of the papers
- 16 general reports synthesising key discussions and findings
- 16 collections of contributions. Some 50 or 60 three to five minute presentations make up each contribution
Special reports and post Session follow-up documents.
Being based on the most recent, cutting edge information and ideas generated in each Session makes papers and proceedings extremely valuable. Papers and proceedings become available very quickly because they are used to inform decisions about what work will be undertaken in the next two years between Paris Sessions. After the Paris Session, papers and proceedings are made available for purchase in the form of a CD or USB stick. They may also be ordered on www.e-cigre.org.
Symposia papers and proceedings
Like the Paris Session, Symposia focus on papers and generate highly valuable proceedings. To date 37 Symposia have been held, each examining between 30 and 90 papers, available on www.e-cigre.org.
Hundreds of Colloquia have run to date, producing 9000 or more references. While Colloquia papers undergo a less rigorous review than those at the Paris Session and Symposia, there is still demand for access to them via www.e-cigre.org.