CIGRE global community
A collaborative global community sharing knowledge and expertise
The world's foremost power system knowledge development programme
Latest events across the world of CIGRE
CIGRE is the authoritative source of power system technical reference information
Latest news from the world of CIGRE
The value we create, our achievements, our mission, history and more>
All you need to know about joining and more>
Member resources and quick links
News from the world of CIGRE
Keeping you up-to-date with news from across the world of CIGRE
André-Marie Ampère and the two hundred years of electrodynamics
On September 18, 1820, the French scientist André-Marie Ampère presented his first reflections on the equivalence between magnets and currents at the Paris Academy of Sciences.This intervention followed the reproduction in front of this same academy, a week earlier, of the Danish scientist Hans Christian Oersted’s famous experiment during which the compass needle deflected when approaching a conducting wire connected to a Volta-type battery.
1946 PARIS OPENING SESSION SPEECH
Our great family of CIGRE endured a Session in 1939 whereby “heavy storm clouds already threatened the world.” [Quotes from 1946 Opening Session by Ernest MERCIER]. “They burst with the implacable fury of a world-wide cataclysm.”
System Operations impact of Covid-19: European Perspective
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), a viral pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China, was first reported to the WHO Country Office in China on December 31, 2019. On February 11, 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: Covid-19, and this virus has since become a worldwide pandemic with a major socio-economic impact.
Rethinking power grid resilience: experiences and lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic
Videos that give you
all you need to know about CIGRE
CIGRE Event calendar
Sign up now!
Welcome to the CIGRE Leadership Circle newsletter. This is a free short publication released three times a year that promotes topics and content of particular interest to CEO's and other executive industry leadership.
CIGRE's strategic focus is to be a steps ahead of the future grid with a global community offering benchmarks that can assist your business.
CIGRE commits as part of our values to continue as an unbiased global community for power system expertise. Our scope is end to end power systems with a technical foundation unparalleled in the world.
So if you are looking for a neutral technically orientated high level perspective this is the newsletter for you. Subscribe for free now!
- Strategy and decisions during difficult times
- 1946 Paris Opening Session speech
- System Operations impact of Covid-19: European Perspective
- The mastering of large electrical systems - Interview with André Merlin
- The Emissions Gap: The current decade is defining for our future
- Hydrogen scalable production for a sustainable and breathable world
Life of Association
- General Assembly
- Distinguished Member Awards 2020
- Technical Council Awards 2020
- Thesis Award 2020 : Roni Irnawan
- B3: Substations and electrical installations
- B4: DC systems and power electronics
- B5: Protection and automation
Working Group Report
- WG A2.54: Load sound power levels for specification purposes of three-phase 50 Hz and 60 Hz liquid-filled power transformers
- 798 - WG B4.66: Implications for harmonics and filtering of the installation of HVDC converter stations in close proximity
- 799 - WG C4.31 : Assessment of conducted disturbances above 2 kHz in MV and LV power systems
- 800 - WG B5.47: Network protection performance audits
- 801 - WG B1.44: Guidelines for safe work on cable systems under induced voltages or currents
- 802 - WG B3.45: Application of non-SF6 gases or gas-mixtures in medium voltage and high voltage gas-insulated switchgear
- 803 - WG C5.24: Exploring the market value of Smart Grids and interactions with wholesale (TSO) and distribution (DSO) markets