2023 CIGRE Canada Conference & Exhibition - Call for papers
"Evolution of the Power System to Accelerate Electrification"
The 2023 XVth Annual CIGRE Canada Conference on Power Systems will bring together the key players in the electric power systems sector: business leaders, system operators, manufacturers, engineers, policy makers, regulators and academics. The conference is a unique forum to share exciting new research, to raise issues and awareness, to discuss future directions, and to network with leading professionals.
Topics of special interest:
Papers are invited on all topics of interest falling within the conference theme:
Transformation and impact of accelerated electrification on the T&D system
- Use of smart sensors
- Use of real time rating tools
- Retrofit critical lines with "smart" wires
- Use of distributed sensing tools along T-assets
- Thermal performance of cable systems
- Impact on loading pattern changes to transformer assets
- Application of rapid monitoring tools
Challenges to meet these rapid electrification needs
- Lack of visibility into user’s EV adoption
- Impact of voltage and load conditions of existing pole-top transformers and other equipment infrastructure
- Future challenges with "Big data how are utilities coping"
- Incorporating bi-directional power flow
- Climate change impacts on the power system
Dynamics of distributed generation resources
- Distributed generation
- Power quality impact on the grid
- Role of battery/fuel cells, wind, solar, hydrogen
- Operation/protection of renewable energy systems, such as hybrid battery and solar systems (microgrid), involve very smart/sophisticated control systems
Business impacts from accelerated electrification
- How can Asset owners cost out the charging stations?
- Is there a need to develop governing regulations?
- Increased reliability expectations
- Energy as an essential service demands high system resilience
- Impact of rising power supply equipment cost and supply chain issues
- Emerging technology for future grid
- April 3, 2023 Deadline for submission of abstracts (via website)
- April 21, 2023 Notification of acceptance. Registration Opens
- June 30, 2023 Deadline of submission of final papers
Solve all power system challenges in one unique place
To find the solutions you need in one unique place, join CIGRE. As the preeminent global technical organisation, CIGRE is uniquely positioned to offer the full spectrum of low through high voltage perspectives, industry colleagues and end to end knowledge.