CIGRESA 11th Regional Conference will provide a platform to deliberate on subjects that expound on how we can build, transform, adapt a resilient power system for the future. These discussions will be between electric utilities (generation/transmission/ distribution), municipalities, system operators, regulators, manufacturers and suppliers, universities, standardizing bodies, research laboratories and authorities on topics in the field of the development of electrical systems in Africa.
Papers across all study committees are invited. Preference will be given to submissions in the fields of technology, planning, operations and markets as well as those covering actual project and operational experiences with focus on the following subjects:
- Ensuring grid resilience and Infrastructure readiness in the Southern Africa Region, resulting from effects of Global Climate Change and Decarbonization
- Managing power systems in a pandemic or global event.
- New innovations or improvements to existing power systems/grids/network (Equipment, Systems, Control and Automation, Telecommunications)
- Impact of Digital Transformation on Southern African power systems (Cyber security, Digital Twins, Internet of Things);
- Ensuring Energy security considering entire value chain (Generation [conventional, renewable, storage], Transmission, Distribution, including Microgrids, and Distributed energy, resources)
- Ensuring Social and Environmental Sustainability of the rapidly evolving Power System
Participants wishing to present papers should submit abstracts of no more than 500 words by following instructions on the conference website. The template is available on the conference website. Kindly note all submissions must be in English. Authors should be available to present at the conference. Postgraduate research student participation is encouraged. All submissions must be in English and made via easychair link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cigresa2023
Please note: Submitted papers cannot be submitted for any other conference, especially the 2024 Paris Session. All presenters must register to attend the conference.
- Abstract submission: 17 April 2023
- Abstract acceptance: 22 May 2023
- Paper submission: 24 July 2023
- Paper acceptance: 21 Aug 2023
Solve all power system challenges in one unique place
To find the solutions you need in one unique place, join CIGRE. As the preeminent global technical organisation, CIGRE is uniquely positioned to offer the full spectrum of low through high voltage perspectives, industry colleagues and end to end knowledge.