Fri, Oct 22, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM CEST
Hydrogen is gaining rapidly attention around the world. In Europe it has entered in the system development radar, and in particular in the grid planning processes, both for gas and electricity. The European Commission is reviewing its Directive on Gas, which is going to address also Hydrogen, thus increasing the complexity of the planning process, which was already struggling to enact a fruitful coordination between the electricity and natural gas system operators ENTSO-E and ENTSOG. Moreover, the prioritization of infrastructure projects using cost benefit analysis, is also phasing out application for natural gas projects and pushing for green gasses with the renewal of the TEN-E regulation. All this has to be reflected in the main planning instrument, the Ten Years Development Plan (TYNDP), in which gas and electricity TSOs are already mandated to develop and use joint scenarios, and are deploying their grid plans in an increasingly integrated process. This webinar will describe challenges and course of actions being taken by ENTSO-E, the association for the 42 electricity TSO's from 35 European countries.
- 13:00 – 13:05 Welcome and introduction Moderation Marcio Szechtman , TC chair Antonio Iliceto, SC C1 Chair
- 13.05 – 13:10 Cigre activities on hydrogen – system aspects and use cases approach Antonio Iliceto, SC C1 Chair & Convenor WG “Future Energy Systems” ENTSO-E
- 13:10 – 13:45 Transmission grids planning considering hydrogen and gases in Europe: Alan Croes, ENTSO-E* - Scenario building - Multi Sectoral Planning Support Olivier Lebois, Convenor WG Scenario Building, ENTSO-E - Interlink Model - Cross sector Cost-Benefit-Analysis
- 13:45 – 13:55 Impact of hydrogen on Distribution Grid Planning Christine Schwaegerl, SC C6 Chair
- 13:55 – 14:10 EU Energy Infrastructure legislation updating
- 14:10 – 14:25 Q&A - Moderator Antonio ILICETO
- 14:25 – 14:30 Wrap-up Marcio Szechtman, Antonio Iliceto & Alan Croes
Join CIGRE for power system expertise
- Collaborate with experts from across the whole power system
- Access perspectives and peers from every corner of the globe.
- Unlimited free access to e-cigre.org
- Free access to ELECTRA
Be prepared for the future! More >
Solve all power system challenges in one unique place
To find the solutions you need in one unique place, join CIGRE. As the preeminent global technical organisation, CIGRE is uniquely positioned to offer the full spectrum of low through high voltage perspectives, industry colleagues and end to end knowledge.