CIGRE global community
A collaborative global community sharing knowledge and expertise
The world's foremost power system knowledge development programme
Latest events across the world of CIGRE
CIGRE is the authoritative source of power system technical reference information
Latest news from the world of CIGRE
The value we create, our achievements, our mission, history and more>
All you need to know about joining and more>
Member resources and quick links
News from the world of CIGRE
Keeping you up-to-date with news from across the world of CIGRE
Why collaboration is key to remaining resilient in our electric future
National Grid Electricity Transmission prides itself on providing services safely and reliably, whilst remaining resilient to external factors that could disrupt business activities. As the UK energy landscape changes – with greater cross–sector interdependence and evolving user expectations, how will we ensure that our electricity infrastructure remains resilient in the future? By working collaboratively across businesses, the electricity sector, and other sectors to define, measure, and address resilience.
Utility 3.0: Japan's Utility of the Future
Five megatrends (5Ds) will bring about changes to the Japanese power/energy business. These changes are inevitable and irreversible. We call them the 5Ds and they are:
Depopulation is the trend that Japan will likely face earlier than the rest of the world, while the other 4Ds are global megatrends.
Hydrogen, Power to Gas (P2G) and Gas to Power (G2P): Interesting technologies which need additional R&D and analyses within a system approach
Hydrogen scalable production for a sustainable and breathable world
One important outcome from the 4.0 Industrial Thinking era brings up systems-to-systems approach integration, embracing cyber-physical systems (CPS), the internet of things (IoT), industrial internet of things (IIoT), cognitive computing and artificial intelligence. If a single key word could epitomize what we are facing, it would be the Market Transformation era.
Videos that give you
all you need to know about CIGRE
CIGRE Event calendar
|Administrative Council meeting in Virtual meeting (FR)|
|2020 e-session in Paris (FR)|
|Women in Engineering e-session in Paris (FR)|
|Technical Council meeting in Paris (FR)|
|2020 e-session in Paris (FR)|
Sign up now!
Welcome to the CIGRE Leadership Circle newsletter. This is a free short publication released three times a year that promotes topics and content of particular interest to CEO's and other executive industry leadership.
CIGRE's strategic focus is to be a steps ahead of the future grid with a global community offering benchmarks that can assist your business.
CIGRE commits as part of our values to continue as an unbiased global community for power system expertise. Our scope is end to end power systems with a technical foundation unparalleled in the world.
So if you are looking for a neutral technically orientated high level perspective this is the newsletter for you. Subscribe for free now!
- Strategy and decisions during difficult times
- 1946 Paris Opening Session speech
- System Operations impact of Covid-19: European Perspective
- The mastering of large electrical systems - Interview with André Merlin
- The Emissions Gap: The current decade is defining for our future
- Hydrogen scalable production for a sustainable and breathable world
Life of Association
- General Assembly
- Distinguished Member Awards 2020
- Technical Council Awards 2020
- Thesis Award 2020 : Roni Irnawan
- B3: Substations and electrical installations
- B4: DC systems and power electronics
- B5: Protection and automation
Working Group Report
- WG A2.54: Load sound power levels for specification purposes of three-phase 50 Hz and 60 Hz liquid-filled power transformers
- 798 - WG B4.66: Implications for harmonics and filtering of the installation of HVDC converter stations in close proximity
- 799 - WG C4.31 : Assessment of conducted disturbances above 2 kHz in MV and LV power systems
- 800 - WG B5.47: Network protection performance audits
- 801 - WG B1.44: Guidelines for safe work on cable systems under induced voltages or currents
- 802 - WG B3.45: Application of non-SF6 gases or gas-mixtures in medium voltage and high voltage gas-insulated switchgear
- 803 - WG C5.24: Exploring the market value of Smart Grids and interactions with wholesale (TSO) and distribution (DSO) markets